Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day



20140615-004819.jpg

20140615-004826.jpg

20140615-004833.jpg It is Father's Day and there are two men very special to me and the boys. On this day we like to share it with those two men and with you.


My Dad

20140615-012214.jpg 
  
My Dad is awesome. Growing up I always wanted to be like My Dad. To be honest, it took me a lot of years to figure out what he did for a living. But what I did know is, that he travelled the world. I wanted to do that too. I think, his traveling and my awareness for his traveling made me want to become an expat. Not just a person who travels from meeting to meeting, but a person who lives somewhere a couple of years and really seize the opportunity to soak in the culture. 

My Dad is the most awesome grandfather you can imagine. He has this special connection with Maximan and even now, he tells him his made-up stories when it is possible. Unfortunately, Maximan his attention span is short. But My Dad can tell the best stories. We loved them as children. 

Growing up and seeing the world and the people around me, I realized what a gift it is to have a Dad who is there. Who is present. Who keeps his promises and help you with the choices you made, even though they are not his. Being supportive above all, because you are his child. 

I am lucky to have you as My Dad. ❤️


Maxi-, Midi- and Miniman's Dad

20140615-011950.jpg

You would think Dad has had a dad like mine, while growing up. Because just like my dad is awesome, Dad is amazing. I like to call him Superman. He goes beyond what is asked from him. He took care of me when I couldn't walk and was in a wheelchair. He stayed when it was so easy to leave. 

Now we are married and have three precious boys. It is not only me he is caring for but the three boys as well. I take care of the boys during the day and Dad, Dad does everything else. 

Dad loves to share his knowledge about nature and loves building things. Especially Maximan loves to asks questions, lots of questions. Playing together is fun. And although it is hard without his family around, he makes the most of it and is happy that the boys have loving grandparents. 

Today we will take care of you, Dad! ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment